Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back Home

Well, I'm back in the good ol' US of A. I came from enjoying Denmark's 75 degree, blue-skyed days to North Carolina's hot, humid summer. At least everything here is green and the lightnin' bugs are out. Being from California, those little insects will forever fascinate me. For most Californian's the only time they'll see lightnin' bugs is during the beginning of the Pirates of Carribean ride at Disneyland.

The evening I got home, my wife had fixed chicken and dumplings for dinner with peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert. She's a good woman.

It's good to be back at work here (RFYL) and I'm excited about running the King Tiger 5k this Saturday. I did my best to stay in shape while I was gone, but I didn't account for the heat and the humidity here so my times for the next couple of weeks will be a little slower than when I left, I think.

I'm in the process of posting all the photos from the trip on my website--www.benhernandezmusic.com. So if you go to the "photos" section you can check out all the places I visited and a few of the people I met along the way. Hopefully, I'll be including a few little stories about of couple of them in coming days.

Thanks for reading The Californian.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment