Friday, February 12, 2010

Countdown to Myrtle Beach Marathon 2010

I had originally wanted to run the Outer Banks Marathon back in November, I think. But I got injured during the summer and I got lazy with my training so I chose Myrtle Beach because I had heard that it was flat and the weather was usually nice. Jessica and I are about to leave for the beach and the weather forecast for tomorrow's race is a balmy 31 degrees with a chance of snow flurries. C'mon!

So the countdown begins. My first marathon. Over 26 freakin' miles. I'm counting on at least 4 hours of running. We're staying at Jessica's uncle's beach house in North Myrtle and hoping to have a nice little Valentine's Day weekend--if I can walk later and the weather's nice. We packed movies and the backgammon board just in case.

I'll be posting marathon photos when we get back. For everyone else running tomorrow, Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment