Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Bees were, well....busy today.

The weather's been warming up and today the bees were pretty active. Almost too active. I had noticed that the feeder was empty and when I replaced it full they just started going crazy. I just finished the box and frames for one more brood section so the bees have more room. I've heard that if they feel like they're running out of room they can swarm and I didn't want that to happen. So, when I saw so much activity outside of the hive this afternoon I assumed the worst only because I still have no idea what I'm doing and what to expect from these insects. Here's a little video. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the voideo. It was cool to see you action with the bees. Just so you know it looks like you know what you are doing.

    Kasen is watching the video with me asking "why Ben have bees?". I said "he needs some honey for his bread." His responce is "that sounds yummy!".

    Elisha

    ReplyDelete